Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baby Steps Baby

Baby steps baby. That is the famous line of my husband. I tend to set huge goals and then feel a little overwhelmed and defeated when they don't get done in my unrealistic timeframe. This week I wanted the whole house cleaned, organized, and deep scrubbed by Friday when I will be hosting a get together for a few homeschool families. I started by going through every drawer of my five children, you know, in case someone opens a drawer. That done I moved on to deep scrubbing a bathroom, followed by a thorough cleaning out of my closet. Today was the midweek meltdown.
I'm a failure.
I have no energy.
I can't do it.
I am a bad mother because I am ignoring my kids and not actively engaging them in lessons.

Baby steps baby.
1. Re-evaluate goals
2. Write down what you want to get done in order of importance
3. Pat yourself on the back that you have actually accomplished what you have
4. Eat some chocolate

Will my house be imaculate by Friday? No. I will however be happy with what I have gotten done and stop worrying about what I haven't.

There. I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment