Monday, April 16, 2012

Hi

Hey there. I am average. No, seriously, I looked it up once. I am the average height and average weight of a gal in her mid thirties. I do have five kids. Five girls to be exact. With each pregnancy my shoe size has gotten bigger. I guess that makes me the average gal with big feet. But that's about all. I do not play a musical instrument. I do not excel at sports. I am friendly, polite, and take a shower on a regular basis. That about fills my distiguishable characteristics.

I have a secret though. I'm happy. I really am. I forget that a lot though. It seems that every time I call a relative they are doing something extraordinary. Every time I get on pinterest I find that I am the only one not sewing or doing professional photography, or travelling to the far corners of the earth. A check up on facebook tells that I am the only person on the planet not running a marathon today. It's not just the Internet though. Almost my whole life I have felt like the afterthought, the quota filler, the equalizer. So I made a choice. Today I am going to change. Today I am going to do what I want and be who I want to be. Time to shut off the voices. I am  a thirty something mother of five who feels quite entitled to have an early mid life crisis. I may not always win the Miss Congeniality award but perhaps I will find myself.  Today I have decided to start a new me.

No comments:

Post a Comment