Monday, May 7, 2012

Oh the noise!

At this very moment there is a new train toy that whistles, sings, chugs, and thumps. As a rule I try to keep the noisy toys at our house to a minimum but this one snuck in. Baby squirt though is highly entertained and since 6 year squirt is helping her push it back and forth it keeps both of them entertained. 8 year squirt is playing the piano. I can hear snatches of rehearsal songs and then the random up and down the keyboard she really likes to do. 4 year squirt is singing to herself in the playroom and 10 year squirt keeps shooting questions my way about her reading assignment.

Oh the noise.

The piano just stopped and someone is complaining that someone else won't play with them. 10 finished reading and asks to be done. She spun the chair around only to smack baby in the head. Oops. Now crying is thrown in. Back in a minute.

The doorbell rang in the intermission. The next door neighbor brought over crayons and a coloring book for my little squirts. She is incredibly sweet. Retired with a husband who had to go into a nursing home right before we moved in. She says it does her good to see my kids running around the yard. She is really, really, sweet.

Broke up a small fight. Quiet. Maybe I should see what they are doing. Quiet can be scary. Nope, chatter, the buzzer on the dryer just went off and the phone just made me jump a mile by ringing. Different tones for different people. This one I'll answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment